Monday, July 11, 2011

Water Color Flower.

This is one of the flowers I painted using only water color paint and a paint brush. I am happy with it and am getting more use to the blending of paint. I think I will do a couple of more and then try doing a picture of a person. Spent the weekend in the Detroit area watching my son, his wife and kids do something call a muddy buddy run and ride. We then went to a play place were my 5 year old grandson amazed me by climbing a very high climbing wall. He believes he can so something and then just does it. What a gift. I am working on getting this frame of mind. The lack of fear would be and incredible lifted burden. I will have to work on it.

1 comment:

  1. Painting flowers is a nice change from all of those portraits you did. Is it more relaxing and healing for you? Are you working with transparent watercolors or opaque?

    When Michael first started painting flowers with watercolors he used some colors that were fugitive. Even with UV varnishes and UV Barrier Glass the colors faded over the years. That's terrible! All of his hard work!

    It is a good thing to keep in mind to look for lightfast and permanent colors. The Designer Gouache colors fade and change over time.

    A lady sent Michael her Liquid Watercolors. They are transparent and brilliant. He learned a lot working with them. But they fade too.

    Please don't try climbing any rock walls!

    Robin and Michael

    ReplyDelete