Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Flowers and the Mental challenge of Art Prize

This is a little purple flower that I guess is a weed. It grows everywhere and especially in my garden. This is a 12" by 16" watercolor painting. I am getting more use to the tube painting but still do not like it as much as the colored pencil paintings. Oh well such is life. I am finding a very sad response to the pictures I have drawn for Art Prize. People seem to like the idea that I will give the pictures to the significant others after the contest is done. I don't think people like confronting the fact that all these young men died. It is a close reminder that we are really losing men daily and this is very painful. I think it is also wearing on me. I feel a sadness in my heart every time I show this work. I certainly have not shown it as much as the last two entries. I am not sure about this all I will just have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment