Friday, July 15, 2011

Willa at the mini muddy buddy

This is a16" by 14" watercolor painting of my granddaughter after she competed in the mini muddy buddy race in Detroit. She was so proud of her medal and her accomplishment. She is actually one month to young to participate in the race but she was so incessant that they let her in so she could run with her brother. Her mom also had to run with her and got into the mud pit two times that day. The whole family was so muddy that even a dip in the lake afterwards did not clean them up. I tried to use the watercolors in the tubes for this picture but copped out in the end and did the face and hands with pencil. I am just not that good a blending colors yet but I am trying. The end of a wonderful day.

I also was interviewed by Shelly Irwin on WGVU, FM88.5 which aired today. The link to the pod cast is at the link below. Listen if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment